Friday, January 27, 2012

Paradise Kiss - Live Action Movie

I won't deny it, I'm a HUGE fan of Paradise Kiss the manga. And I love the 'pre-story' Gokinjo no Monogatari (Neighborhood story) as well. I heard they would make a Live Action of the manga last year but haven't watched it until now since I heard a lot of bad reviews about it.. And I was really disappointed by the poor quality of the anime as well, so I really wondered how a live action would turn out. But to my surprise, I really liked it!


Even though it's different than the manga, and they changed the story, I still quite liked it. I especially really liked how they made the studio look almost exactly like the one from the manga, from the entrance to the room, the couch where Yukari wakes up, and the bar and stuff (◕‿◕✿)

I know a lot of people might have complained and disliked it from the beginning due to the difference in character appearance from the original story. I was a bit disappointed as well, but I still think the actors managed to bring out the characters' personally well which I think is the most important.
Aaaand! Yusuke Yamamoto was in it as well so I HAD to watch it at some point lol *slaps self* Well I was a bit surprised by him playing Hiro, but it was cute ♥

Keiko Kitagawa that plays Yukari is sooo pretty as well (*´▽`*) I think she fits Yukari pretty well.
Aya Oomasa that played Miwako was cute, but I would have imagined Miwako a bit smaller and 'child-like'.
Isabella was quite surprising!! I was REALLY wondering how they would portray Isabella, but I think that was really well done.
I'm not quite a fan Osamu Mukai, but it wasn't too bad with him as George..

The filming, scenography, and music was good as well I think, especially compared to other live actions which I think tend to be produced a bit cheap.

Well, I'm a sucker for those kind of love stories as well and I really enjoyed it! Although the original story will always be the best ofc (∩_∩) I'd say the movie is somehow shallow as they don't have time to get in depth with the other characters which is a shame. Especially the story with Miwako, Arashi and Hiro is really touching, but the movie kinda 'skipped' that pretty fast which is really sad (´∩`。)
But I guess that's typical with many stories made into movies and so on.

Did anyone else watch it? And if so, what did you think??

After I watched the movie I felt like reading the manga once again lol (T▽T)

And this scene!! Lol Yusuke ♥ I'd never dump you!! (●´∀`)ノ♡ lololol ok sorry I'll stop now >_>;

I'd say this is one of the best live action movies I've seen so far, especially with filming and stuff (∩_∩)

lolol and TWO J-drama/movie reviews in a row.. says a lot about what I'm doing XD

No comments:

Post a Comment